About this blog

"One of the greatest moments in anybody's developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide from himself, but determines to get acquainted with himself as he really is." - Norman Vincent Peale

Monday, December 22, 2008

Who's There To Save The Hero?

"There comes a time in your life when you finally get it... When in the midst of all your fears and insanity you stop dead in your tracks and somewhere the voice inside your head cries out- ENOUGH! Enough fighting, crying, or struggling to hold on. And, like a child quieting down after a blind tantrum, your sobs begin to subside, you shudder once or twice, you blink-back your tears; and through a mantle of wet lashes you begin to look at the world from a new prospective."

I have my fair share of issues. I am not a perfect person, but I strive to be a good one. I am at one of those points where I feel I just can't get ahead - like I'm stuck in a situation I can not get out of. I wonder, "Does Superman get tired of saving the world?" Does he have moments he feels like a maid...? "I just cleaned this mess up!" I feel like I'm never going to be able to [once again] break away and really begin to live for me.

The things holding me back are the very things the world says you should never let go of. How can one live if he is being bound by the life he can't leave behind? I'm not trying to abandon the ones I love; I'm trying to become someone to love, as the past year has hardened my heart to a point past stone. So I guess I'd better finally tell the story:

October 16th, 2007
I'd just returned home two weeks ago from narrowly escaping my third trip to the Iraqi sandbox when receive a phone call that changed everything. My mother and two sisters had been evicted from their apartment complex after getting into an altercation with some neighbors...words were exchanged, bleach was thrown (I still don't know the WHOLE story)...and they needed a place to stay until my mom found a new apartment. I mean, what do you say? Its your mom. So of course I said, "Yes." Now a year and some months later, I am ready to pull out my hair.

When are they going to leave?!?!?! I want my apartment back, Law'd!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one can be everything to everybody. You can only do your best. In life, we will often be called upon to assist those in need. In my opinion, that's where the blessings come from; doing what you don't want to do. Hang in there.

Post a Comment