About this blog

"One of the greatest moments in anybody's developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide from himself, but determines to get acquainted with himself as he really is." - Norman Vincent Peale

Friday, March 13, 2009

Random Fun...Deer In The Headlights

Yesterday, my friend Kenny, who I met randomly through another friend at my university and realized he needed a brother-figure, called me to inform me he'd be passing through my great city en route to the cesspool of sin formally known as ATLanta with his friend Marcus in tow. [Disclaimer: I love ATL, but I'm just bitter because I haven't been able to go down and see my friends and kick it in a few weeks.] After chilling at my temporary home for a while, somehow I get sucked into going to ATL, too!

Me: "Damn, Kenny, I'd go but I just can't do it right now."
Kenny: "That's okay, brother; you need gas money? Here's gas money."
Me: "Okay.....and what about club admission? Drinks?"
Kenny: "We going to the liquor store when we get there."
Me: "I'll go pack a bag...."
(Clearly I should've kept my a** at home.)

After a fun drive down I-75, cruising and doing Car Karaoke to such great songs as Solange's "Sandcastle Disco" and Brandy's "Camouflage," we arrived at the hotel and immediately began preparations to embark on some random fun. Now on Thursdays in the A, there are (3) venues to choose from; by default (and b/c it was close), we chose Bulldogs. [See, I really should've stayed home...] Of course, since I'm the one that knows Atlanta the best, it was an unspoken fact I was going to be driving. So I had my shot of Bacardi before we left, since I couldn't drink a lot when we go to the club. Got there, got drinks, meandered around the masses, you know the drill...then the interesting stuff begins to unfold. I'm walking around solo for no reason & a nigga shorter than I am stepped to me and attempted to coerce me into a sex session with him and his four friends. WHERE they do that at?! Now, I won't front, the short dude was a lil' feminine (and that's okay), but damn he was attractive - not cute - and he had a swag that was too big for someone 5"3! One of the group members asked me for my number, and I pull out the Blackberry and the group goes ballistic! [They all have BlackBerries as well.] We exchanged PINs and I told 'em I'd BBM one of them later (this was a white lie). [And this n***a is messaging me right now!!]

More dancing ensued, and eventually the lights illuminated the darkest corners to allow you to see what real trolls were on the hunt. Haven't you noticed that when you're at the club, someone can be cute in the dark, but when the lights come on, you clearly realize its the alcohol impairing your damn vision. I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! LOL! Breaking into the early morning light after the fun-filled evening, the crew and I attempted to walk back to the car without giving the appearance we were inebriated....it was a sight to see. Upon arrival back to the car, I was stunned to discover I'd left the car key dangling in the lock - for three hours. Deeeeeeeeeeeeep. So we had a quick praise session, giving God the glory for having His hand over the car. We depart the parking lot and proceed down West Peachtree Street en route back to the hotel. As we were crossing over 10th Street, we simultaneously screamed noticing a car heading East on West Peachtree, right for us! NOTE: West Peachtree Street is a one way street. I dodged the idiot and regained my bearing and continued on to the hotel. And then, I was hit with the craving for a hot dog from the QT. [Hot dogs from the QT be phi!] Satisfied my craving, safely got us back to the room and we all proceeded to pass out.

Oh, what a random night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

see what happens when you follow the multitude to do evil! anyways be grateful you are alive and well.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, what you said! Clearly I'm taking a sabbatical from sin to go back to basking in the son (of God). Jesus is like, so much safer!

LongOverdo said...

Sounds fun...for the most part

Post a Comment